Monday, January 28, 2013

Sunshine On Sunday

Sunday January 27, 2013

After my harrowing trip to the supermarket on Friday I decided to stay in on Saturday. Didn't do much and it was nice not to have to go anywhere.  The sun is out today, but it's still very cold. Tomorrow it's supposed to get up into the 40s and be in the 50s by mid-week.  Hallelujah!  A huge relief because I have a bunch of errands to run. I won't have to deal with my lack of winter driving skills while I'm out and about.  I certainly don't want to end up like the people in this video (click to view):

Since I don't have much to do until the renovations start in about two weeks, I've decided to go back to SF to watch the Superbowl in my hometown and spend a few days sorting and packing all my worldly goods. SF will go absolutely nuts if (when) the Niners win. Close to 1 million people came out for the SF Giants Victory Parade each time they won the World Series. I expect the turnout to be equal to, or more than that should the 49ers win. It is truly a great time to be a Bay Area sports' fan. I'm sure enjoying it.

House at the top of the hill, about a block away from me.

I walked around my neighborhood today and took pictures. My camera let me take three pictures before deciding to stop working.  Not sure why, maybe the cold? The battery was fully charged.

Garage for the house at the top of the hill. There's a very long staircase going up the side of the hill to get from the garage to the house.  When I took these pictures a group of people had just parked on the street and climbed the stairs.
Even though it's nice to have a break from the responsibilities of pet ownership, I'm looking forward to introducing my dogs to the joys of playing in the snow.  Now that I think about it, the snow will be waning by the time I move them out here. Oh well, it will still be fun to take them for walks around our new neighborhood.  I'm very grateful to my daughter for taking care of all our pets while I'm in Pittsburgh getting the house in order.

Icicles on the overhang. Last picture I snapped before my camera quit working.

No comments:

Post a Comment